Having a good start to our morning feels so good, doesn't it? It makes the day easier, our heads lighter, and our hearts more hopeful. A lot of times how our morning begins can be left to chance. And it's true, a lot of things influencing how the day starts are indeed out of our control but there are also things that we can do to have a good morning. One of them is doing morning mantras.
Even when everything goes out of hand and the day just doesn't seem to be a good one, taking a step back and comforting yourself with morning mantras can help us deal with it a little bit better.
Today, let's learn more about mantras, how we can practice them, and take a look at some hand-picked positive morning mantras.
What are mantras?
Mantras are ancient spiritual tools that have been used for centuries as a way of focusing the mind and cultivating a positive mindset.
The word "mantra" originates from Sanskrit, where "man" means "mind" and "tra" means "instrument" or "tool."
Mantras are powerful phrases, words, or sounds repeated either silently or aloud to aid in meditation, self-reflection, and personal growth. Mantras distinctly have a strong vibration sound that resonates through the whole body, creating a peaceful and lasting effect.
Affirmations are also a type of mantra as they help clear our minds, bring peace, and grow confidence. We repeat affirmations the same way we repeat mantras to let their meaning settle with us and become our reality.
A great way to practice mantras and affirmations is to listen to them repeatedly. We have made a tool to help you do this easily and in a fun way. The Gratitude app has plenty of recorded affirmations that you can listen to and also record your own!
Listen to them as you drift off to sleep while training your subconscious mind with powerful words. You can try the app here.
How to practice mantras?
- Decide your purpose for practicing mantras and what you want to bring into your life through them.
- Choose the mantras that naturally connect with you and hold meaning in your life.
- Find a quiet, comfortable, and disturbance-free space to practice your mantras. It is essential to give dedicated time to them.
- Sit in a comfortable and attentive posture. Close your eyes and relax. Take long, deep breaths to let go of any tension in your body.
- Start chanting the mantras aloud or in your mind. I would recommend saying them out loud.
- Speak each word slowly and let its meaning sink in. Pay attention to the sounds and put your heart into speaking the mantras.
- Whenever your mind wanders, bring it back and continue chanting the mantras.
- After you are done, take a few seconds before you jump back into the world. Let the sensations sit with you.
- Practice this regularly at a time that feels right to you and you are sure to be free. Prefer mornings because that'll help you carry that positive feeling throughout the day.
And, with that, here are your morning mantras:
- I am grateful for this new day of life.
- My life is my greatest blessing.
- I am so grateful to see another day in this beautiful world.
- Being alive is the most beautiful miracle.
- I am ready for a great day.
- Today, I choose to look at the brighter side.
- Today, I choose to see the light.
- I am ready to believe in myself.
- I can make my day better.
- I am welcoming abundance today.
- I am limitless.
- Everything is possible for me.
- All good things in life are coming to me today.
- All is well.
- I am filled with hope about my life and this world.
- I have boundless love to give.
- I am filled with light, love, and joy.
- Even when the tide gets tough, I know I can stay afloat.
- I am connecting with the people in my life with love and compassion.
- I choose to be peaceful.
- Today, I feel joy.
- Today, I feel peace.
- I am feeling confident in myself.
- Today, I approach life with patience.
- I am connecting with my breath today.
- I am painting my day with gratitude and joy.
- I spread love to all the lives in my life.
- Today is a gift.
- Today is a miracle.
- What a wonderful day to be alive!
- It is a beautiful morning.
- Life is such a wonderful gift.
- I cherish my life.
- I feel happier as I give love more and more.
- This day is a new chance for me.
- I am a winner.
- I choose hope.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I let go of anything that holds me back.
- I am ready to be the best version of myself.
- I am doing what I can, and that's enough.
- I am enough.
- I can get through today.
- I am here for myself.
- One day at a time, one step at a time.
- I am in harmony and balance with life.
- Releasing stress is easy.
- I choose to be peaceful.
- Feeling relaxed is my normal state.
- I am worthy of good things.
- I deserve to be kind to myself.
- I go through life one step at a time.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- Everything is fine.
- My voice matters.
Mantra for Today
- I am radiating loving energy today.
- Wonderful things are going to happen to me.
- I can take deep breaths.
- With every breath, I feel stronger.
- I only compare myself to myself.
- I can do anything.
- It is enough to do my best.
- I can be anything I want to be.
- I accept who I am.
- I believe in myself.
- I trust myself.
- I trust the journey of my life.
- I embrace the pace of my life.
- I am a being of hope and love.
- I am grateful for the little blessings.
- I am proud of myself.
- It is okay to keep figuring life out.
- Peace is in my heart.
- I choose to stay in touch with myself.
- I am grateful for my body and all that it does for me.
- I humble myself with the truth of life.
- Being good is enough.
- I am healing today.
- I am happy with who I am.
- I choose to embrace what makes me me.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I choose to love and understand myself.
- I choose to be there for those who need me.
- I feel happy helping others.
- Today I will do good things.
- My heart is a sanctuary of love.
- I am kind, loving, and gentle with myself and others.
- I trust in the timing of my life's journey.
- I am empowered to make positive changes in my life.
- I am the author of my own story, and I write it with confidence.
- I am worthy of self-care and self-love.
- I choose to focus on my strengths and celebrate them.
- I am deserving of happiness and joy every day.
- I embrace challenges as opportunities for growth.
- I am a magnet for abundance and positivity.
- I am worthy of respect and consideration from others.
- I am a beautiful person, both inside and out.
- I deserve to take up space and express myself.
- I trust my intuition and make choices that align with my true self.
- I am deserving of success in all areas of my life.
- I am capable of handling whatever comes my way.
- I am grateful for who I am becoming.
- I am worthy of being treated with kindness and empathy.
- I am worthy of setting and achieving meaningful goals.
- I am loved, even on my hardest days.
Continue Reading: 110 Positive Morning Affirmations for an Incredible Day