Affirmations for students, How to become a better listener, and Kimberly's story
Hey grateful people! Happy to see you again 🤗
Hope that you're all doing very well and living life gratefully.
Here are last week's highlights for you:
Last Monday, we practiced affirmations for students. You know, in a sense, we're all students. We're all learning new things as we live each day.
Unlearning and relearning many times. So these affirmations are not just for people receiving formal education. They're for all of us.
Here are the affirmations:
- My mind’s ability to learn and remember is increasing every day.
- I am advancing to new levels by learning more each day.
- I have a winner’s mindset and I love accomplishing my goals.
- I have self-respect and dignity.
- I am very good at gaining knowledge and making proper use of it.
- I can achieve all my goals because my true potential is limitless.
- I am capable.
- I create a healthy balance in my life.
- I love and approve of myself.
- I am blessed to live this life that I have created.
Dive into a 5-minute mindful session of these affirmations below:
Read more here:
The most helpful thing that we can do for someone in pain is to actively listen to them, with love and empathy. Good listeners are great support systems and also great listeners.
So, here are my tips on becoming a better active listener to the people in your life and forming meaningful relationships:
- Be clear about your limitations first
- Create a comfortable environment for them to let their thoughts and feelings out
- Talk less, listen more
- Give non-verbal encouragement
- Be careful when sharing personal experiences
- Validate them for being vulnerable
- Stay attentive
- Ask. Don’t mind-read.
- Summarize at the end (with gratitude)
Listen to me explain these points below:
You can also read the blog post here:
Here we had Kimberly with her gratitude journey. It's a story of leaving toxicity behind with incredible strength and bravery, and creating a life that feels light and free to you.
"I was in a place where I was not happy with how my life was going in general. I wasn't happy with myself, how I was portraying myself out to the world.
I was in a position where I was trapped in a toxic relationship and did not have the courage or strength to know how to change things for myself.
I knew I needed to find my path to get back to being that strong woman and get to where I needed to be happy. But didn't know how to go about things..."
Tap below to listen to her full story:
And, here's the written version of it:
Think this will help other people? Let's spread kindness by sharing this on WhatsApp, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.