Let’s spend some time self-reflecting today.
Here is a list of 70+ journal prompts and ideas to help you introspect and discover yourself.
Writing is an effective way to become more aware of ourselves and these prompts will give you direction in this process.
Bonus! Download this free Printable Gratitude Weekly Worksheet that has prompts for a whole week that you can keep reusing to upscale your gratitude practice.
Writing tip: Don’t think too much before writing. Just let the words flow. You can use the Gratitude app to start gratitude journaling today!
Journal Prompts for Self-Reflection
- What makes you feel calm?
- What makes you feel in control?
- What makes you feel powerful?
- How do you encourage yourself when you're trying something new?
- How do you stay focused and steer clear of distractions?
- How do you savor the time you get alone?
- How do you swap envy for joy when other people accomplish things?
- How do you advocate for yourself?
- How do you set boundaries and avoid absorbing someone else's emotions and stress?
- How do you trust yourself to make big decisions?
- How do you forgive yourself when you make a mistake?
- How do you advocate for yourself?
- How do you make the time you spend with people more intentional?
- What new opportunities have come out of the challenges you’ve faced?
- How do you embrace your authentic self, even if it looks different from what others expect?
- How do you remind yourself that you're enough?
- How do you calm your nerves in a difficult situation?
- When do you feel happiest in your skin?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what are the one thing and the one person you would choose to have with you and why?
- If you could relive an experience in your life, what would it be?
- What does growing older mean to you?
- How do you handle a bad day?
- Are you a city, a country, or a beach person?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? How has it shaped your life?
- What are your top life hacks?
- If you had a theme song, what would it be?
- How does it feel to be the age you currently are?
- Write about a book, movie, or song that has made a huge impact on you.
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
- What do you wish others knew about you?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- Do you prefer to read fiction or non-fiction? Why?
- Describe your dream life.
- What do you struggle to love most about yourself? What can you do to begin to love that part of yourself?
- What are the five things that you currently accept about yourself?
- What are you holding onto that you need to forgive yourself for?
- What do you judge yourself for? How can you let go of that judgment?
- What are your talents?
- What is one thing you can do today that will make you feel great?
- What clothes do you love wearing and feel good in?
- What do you love about your mind?
- What do you love about your body?
- What do you love about your personality?
- What are the 5 things that your past self would love about your current self?
- What is a challenge that you have overcome?
- What makes you unique? How can you use this uniqueness more in your life?
- What would you do today if you loved yourself?
- What’s a commitment you can make to yourself to love yourself every day?
- What did you love to do as a child? How can you bring more of that into your life?
- How do you treat people that you love? How can you treat yourself the same way?
- What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
- What natural gift would you most like to possess?
- If you were given $1 million that you had to spend on yourself within a year, how would you spend it?
- How do you define love?
- Write about a person you admire. What qualities do you share with this person?
- What scares you?
- What would you like to do more of?
- What would you prefer to do less of?
- How have you grown in the past two years?
- How would you like to be remembered?
- What makes you feel most energized?
- What has caused you happiness and joy this week?
- What is the one thing that you want to go back in time and change?
- What frustrates you the most?
- What will that one message or letter that you wish to give to your childhood self?
- What’s your favorite self-care activity?
- How will someone closest to you describe you?
- When was the last time you helped someone? What did you do?
- Which dream of yours do you wish to come true?
- If you win a lottery today (a big one) where would you invest it?
- Think of the happiest moment in your life and reflect on it.
- What is your most treasured possession and why?
- Name one moment that you are truly proud of. Why are you so proud of it?
- What are you most grateful for?
And, that's all! Have a wonderful journaling time! It's going to help you a lot through life. I wish you the best :)
👉 Continue reading:
Download the Gratitude app today and count your blessings with the gratitude journal, positive affirmations, and vision board.