There are so many things around us and in our lives that we overlook, so many blessings that we forget to acknowledge. Gratitude is everywhere. We are all so blessed in little and big ways. All we are required to do is focus.
To find things to be grateful for in every moment, I recommend trying out a technique that I call 'Atomic Gratitude'.
In this technique, we pick up one small aspect of our lives, and it can be anything, for example; your bedroom, your partner, nature, your pet, your job, yourself, your friend, your kitchen, anything.
And, now you focus on this part of your life and see the little atomic parts of it that you can be thankful for.
Let's take the example of a bedroom that I also mention in my Attitude of Gratitude course and find the things that we can be grateful for in it.
Now, there might not be anything extraordinary in your bedroom that you see and sleep in every night. But, imagine if it wasn’t there, and think of each individual atom that makes it home for you.
Let's make a gratitude list with the things we can be thankful for in a bedroom:
- Think of the walls that give you a space just for you.
- Think of the windows that let soothing wind and sunlight in.
- The curtains create soft light in the room, ensure privacy, and gently sway with the air.
- The floor that you stand upon and how reliable it is.
- The closet lets you keep your clothes and make more space in your room.
- The lightbulb illuminates in the dark.
- The buttons make it so easy to control the environment of the room.
- The bed is always available for you to rest on.
- The comfortable mattress supports your sleep and physical health.
- The cool and relaxing feeling of clean bedsheets.
- The support of pillows.
- The bedside table that keeps all the things you want near.
- The door that connects you to the rest of your house and also allows you to choose when you want to be with yourself only.
- The sense of assurance that the lock on that door gives you.
- The photographs on the walls relive golden memories.
There is such an incredible possibility in your bedroom alone. We just listed 15 things we can be grateful for in your bedroom alone and there's a lot more in it.
Imagine, if we searched for all the tiniest things and moments to feel grateful for, we'd never run out of ideas.
Before asking for more, let's appreciate all that we have, and let's focus on the tiny bits that make up and support the life we live.
What are you grateful for?
Alright then, let's dive into more ideas for things that you can be grateful for in your life here:
Things to Be Grateful For
What are you grateful for?
Here are some of the things you can be thankful for:
"I am thankful for..."
- Your morning coffee/tea
- A healthy breakfast
- That movie that always makes you laugh
- When your hands are full and someone opens the door for you
- Your good health
- Your close friends
- Cute animal videos
- Warm sunshine on winter days/cool wind on hot summer days
- The senses that make you experience the world
- Funny people, always a blessing!
- A secret joke between you and your friend
- The moment when your food comes at a restaurant
- When your favorite song comes on the radio right at the perfect time
- Tears to express your deepest emotions
- A friend’s face after you surprised them
- Oxygen for life
- Comfortable clothes
- Your ability to help
- Kind strangers
- A warm, cozy blanket on chilly nights
- A great meal with your loved ones
- Old photos
- Excitement for adventures
- A relaxing bath
- Winning at a game
- Sacrificing for love
- Your favorite school teacher
- Handwritten letters
- A relaxed weekend
- Fresh morning air
- Deep conversations
- Feeling understood
- Stories that fascinate you
- Free learning resources
- Experience of life
😇 Tip: To really level up your gratitude practice, I recommend that you maintain a gratitude journal. It'll really shift your perspective by making small steps every day.
Gratitude list of unique things to be thankful for
"I am thankful for..."
- Google search engine
- Food delivery partners
- Sour candies
- Healthy nails
- Hair blowing in the wind
- Handmade jewelry
- Sweet new people
- Comfortable jeans
- Flexible body
- Typing speed
- Smooth keyboard
- Shiny tables
- Funny videos
- Soothing voices
- Discovering new songs you like
- Cracking the mystery before anyone else
- Automatic save functionality in software
- GPS system
- Good recommendations
- The excitement of an upcoming wedding
- Shared nostalgia
- Lip balm
- The moment you wake up in the morning and know you have more time to sleep
- Hot/cool showers
- New recipes
- A great dinner
- Power naps
- Fresh fruits and veggies
- Clean sheets
- Being around someone you like
- Resolution of conflict
- Moments of happiness
- Having money
- Giving gifts
- Being understood by a friend
- Awareness of being in the present moment
- Realization of how far you've come
- A good workout
- Feeling healthy
- Good health of the people you love
So, what do you say? We have so many things to feel grateful for. Go ahead and write in your gratitude journal! 💖
Here's to gratitude for the little things!
Continue Reading: 40 Ways to Show Your Partner You Love and Appreciate Them