Are you looking for a way to focus on your goals and make the most of this year?
Are you looking for a tool that has worked for people like Oprah Winfrey, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Steve Harvey?
If so, making a vision board for 2024 could be the perfect solution. There's no time better than now.
What is a vision board?
In Jack Canfield's words, "A vision board is a visualization tool which refers to a board of any sort used to build a collage of words and pictures that represent your goals and dreams.”
It is a tool that is used to visualize and plan for the future.
It’s natural to be pumped at the beginning but it’s more important to carry this motivation through the year and keep believing in yourself. A vision board will help you do just that!
In this blog post, we will discuss the benefits of making a vision board and provide step-by-step instructions for creating your own vision board for 2024.
This is what we will cover:
- Benefits of making a vision board
- Physical vs Digital vision boards
- How to make a vision board for 2024
Benefits of making a vision board
Here are some of the benefits of creating a vision board:
- Set clear goals: By creating a vision board, you take the time to think about what you want to achieve in your life and then visualize those goals through the images and words that you put on your board. This helps you focus on what you truly want and make your goals concrete and specific. It’s all about YOU!
- Focusing your thoughts and actions: By looking at your vision board regularly, you can remind yourself of your goals and what you want to achieve. This helps to keep you focused and motivated, and reminds you of what’s important even when you face challenges or obstacles.
- Creating a positive mindset: A vision board can be a powerful tool for creating a positive mindset. By surrounding yourself with images and words that represent what you most want to achieve, you can cultivate a sense of optimism, self-belief, and hope.
- Celebrating your progress: As you work towards your goals, you can add new images and words to your vision board to celebrate your progress and achievements. This helps provide a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Which to choose - Physical or Digital?
Whether physical or digital vision boards are better is a matter of personal preference but there are some key differences between them.
Physical vision boards have the advantage of being tangible, you can see and touch them. This can make them more real and concrete to you.
Additionally, physical vision boards can be easily displayed and viewed, which can make it easier to stay focused and motivated.
However, there are many benefits to a digital vision board too:
1. It's private
A vision board is a collection of our dreams and not all of us might have a place where we feel that it is safe from judgemental eyes, or people we don’t want to share it with.
A lot of us have a higher need for privacy and a digital vision board solves that greatly.
Being on our mobile device or iPad, it is secure from prying eyes. And, especially if you use a vision board app that values privacy so that no one but you can have access to your data.
Digital vision boards ensure that your dreams are for your eyes only 👀.
2. It's portable
Physical vision boards are big! They generally just stay in one place most of the time.
And, even if we make them a bit smaller, they don’t have the portability that one in a mobile phone would have. We can look at it whenever we want, wherever we want in a super-compact setting.
You could be on a plane to Spain or out for dinner, and your vision board will be close to you.
3. It's highly customizable
Goals are not set in stone. As time passes and we experience more, we might want to reconsider what we have put on our vision board, or make minor edits.
Or you achieved a goal already and want to add a new one!
With a digital vision board, you can do that quickly, easily, and without messing with the beauty of your board.
4. There's no need for printing
Adding photos on digital vision boards is much easier and quicker. Searched your perfect bedroom photo on Pinterest? Add it. Found the image you wanted of the Northern Lights on a blog? Add it.
On the Gratitude app, we have a huge image library for you so that it becomes even easier to search and add photos to your vision board without going anywhere.
5. It helps you build a habit
This is vital. We must form the habit of visualizing through our vision board so that we can make the best use of it. Building the board is one thing but building the habit of practicing with it makes our efforts worthwhile.
In manifestation, it is most important to believe in the future you want. And vision board is a tool to help us do that. With a vision board app, you can dedicatedly visualize with reminders and deep music wherever you want.
Now that we know the benefits of a digital vision board, let's learn how to make one. Also, at the end of this post, I will list a few resources to help you in making the best possible vision board.
You can also consider making both digital and physical boards so you get the best of both worlds!
How to make a 2024 Vision Board
Alright then, now let’s get to how you can make your perfect vision board for 2024.
Here are the steps:
1. Visualize your ideal 2024
Before you get working on the vision board, sit back and imagine your dream life. What would you love to achieve in 2024? How do you want to feel?
Put some meditative music on and start dreaming. Don’t put limits on yourself.
2. Make a list of the goals you want to focus on
After the visualization exercise, it’s time to select the most important goals for you and make them specific. Here are tips on selecting goals:
- Start with a big goal: Begin by thinking about a big goal that you want to achieve in 2024. For example, starting a business.
- Break down your big goal: Once you have a big-picture goal in mind, break it down into smaller, achievable goals. For example, if your big-picture goal is to start your own business, your smaller goals might include completing a business plan, finding funding, and hiring employees.
- Make your goals specific and measurable: To ensure that your goals are achievable, make them specific and measurable. For example, instead of setting a goal to "lose weight," set a goal to "lose 10 pounds in 6 months."
- Set a timeline: To keep yourself accountable, give each goal a timeline. This will help you stay on track and make sure you are making progress toward your goals.
- Make them personal: Your vision board should reflect your unique goals and aspirations, so make sure that the goals are truly yours. Don’t worry about what others would think and who you want to impress. The goals should make you feel genuinely excited and feel close to your heart. The more personal your vision board is, the more meaningful it will be to you.
- Don’t aim for perfection: It’s okay if you don’t have a long list of goals yet. Quality over quantity. You can add more goals later on but don’t pick them to just fill up space.
Here are 110 goal ideas for vision board that can help you get started.
3. Choose specific photos
After you’re done choosing your goals, it’s time to add photos for them!
The most important part about photos for your vision board is specificity. Again, focus on quality over quantity. Don’t pick up photos that don’t make you feel inspired.
For example, if you want a new house, don't just put up any random pretty house on your board, really visualize it.
What does the garden look like? How have you decorated the walls? What is the color of the furniture in your bedroom? Then add photos that look as close as possible to your vision.
Here’s a blog post about how to select the perfect photos for your vision board.
4. Add affirmations
Affirmations are another element that can help you create a powerful vision board for 2024.
They are positive statements that help motivate you and make you feel more confident.
Here are examples of affirmations that you can put on your vision board:
- The future I want is manifesting right now.
- I am a magnet for my dreams and goals.
- I am achieving my dreams.
- I am living in a wonderful house in a wonderful neighborhood.
- Good things are happening every day in my life.
- Everything I do turns into success.
- I am present.
- I am strong.
- I am blessed and abundant.
- I am optimistic about the future.
- I have high positive energy.
- I am capable of manifesting anything I want.
- I am led by love and joy.
- I am a magnet for miracles.
- I am a powerful manifestor.
Here is a list with 100 manifestation affirmations.
5. Put them all together
Now that you’re done with selecting goals, photos, and affirmations, it’s time to put it all together.
If you’re making a physical board, you can collate them on a foam board.
Spread them out and play with different layouts until you’ve found one that you really like. Be as creative as you can be.
And, if you’re making a digital board like the one on the Gratitude app, the app will do this work for you. It will provide you with a very immersive video with your photos and affirmations.
I hope you really enjoy making your vision board for 2024.
Make sure to view your vision board daily. Put your board in a place that you frequently visit, like your bedroom.
And, on the app, set a daily reminder so that it reminds you to play your vision board.
And remember that the vision board is a tool. It will only work if you work.
The vision board is your guide, it gives you direction, but you can't expect it to bear fruit without relentless efforts from your end.
I wish you the very best! Happy New Year!
If you want to go even deeper into the vision board, we have a course that you can take right here.